This easy chicken quesadilla recipe is a complete meal in one! Loaded with chicken, veggies, avocado-mango salsa and cheese, it’s very filling and so delicious!
- 16 ounces skinless chicken breast (fat trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (and black pepper, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 small onion (cut into strips)
- 1 bell pepper (red or green cut into strips)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/3 cup part-skim Mexican blend shredded cheese (or dairy free cheese like Violife)
- 1 cup avocado mango salsa
- 8 low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas (La Tortilla Factory original size (or gf tortillas like siete))
Slice chicken breast in half so you have 4 cutlets.
Season chicken with salt, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper.
Lightly spray a skillet on medium heat with oil or if using a grill, grill chicken until cooked on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side.
Remove from heat and cut chicken into strips, set aside.
To the skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and cook onions and peppers, season with salt and pepper.
Cook about 2 minutes, add garlic and continue cooking until vegetables are soft being careful not to burn the garlic. When cooked, set aside.
Heat skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with oil. Add tortilla, top with cheese, chicken, onions, peppers, and pico de gallo or avocado-mango salsa. Top with the other tortilla.
Cheese should be melted and the bottom of the tortilla should be golden brown. Put a plate on top of the quesadilla to flip it over onto the plate. Then slide the other side onto the skillet.
Cook another minute and remove with a spatula. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream if you wish.
Serving: 1quesadilla, Calories: 435kcal, Carbohydrates: 30.5g, Protein: 47.5g, Fat: 31.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 102.5mg, Sodium: 1009.5mg, Fiber: 16.5g, Sugar: 5g
– W..W Points: 9