- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (16 ounces*)
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened (Philadelphia))
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt (I prefer sour cream)
- 1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- scallions (optional for garnish)
- cut up celery sticks and carrot sticks (for dipping)
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
To make the shredded chicken, place chicken in the slow cooker and add enough water or chicken broth to cover. Cook high 4 hours. Remove and shred with two forks, discard the liquid.
Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce together until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese.
Transfer to the slow cooker with the chicken, mixing well and return to the slow cooker, cook low 2 to 3 hours.
Transfer to a serving dish and top with the remaining blue cheese, garnish with scallions. Serve hot.
Faster Oven Method with a Rotisserie Chicken:
Buy a rotisserie chicken and remove the breast meat from the bones, removing the skin and shred. Save the rest of the chicken for another recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place chicken in a large bowl, then mix the cream cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce together until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese and place them in a baking dish. Bake 350F until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
You can cook the chicken breast in the Instant Pot covered in 1 1/2 cups water or broth 15 min high pressure. Once you shred and drain set the instant pot to the slow cooker mode, combine the ingredients and proceed with above directions.