These Easy Lasagna Wonton Cups make for the perfect lunch, appetizer, dinner, or party! These will be game changers for those nights your craving lasagna and don’t have the time! These are packed with delicious flavor and take only about 30 minutes to make!
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 3 cups zero point marinara sauce ( see notes for recipe) or no sugar added Prego marinara sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 ( 8 oz.) carton fat free or part-skim ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 12 Tbsp light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 wonton wrappers-I like to use the Twin Dragon wonton wrappers
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lean ground beef and cook, crumbling until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain any excess fat from the beef.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the marinara sauce to the cooked ground beef, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix ricotta or cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings together. Whisk in egg and mix until well combined.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray; line each with a wonton wrapper. Fill each with 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 tablespoons of the meat sauce.
- Top each with a second wrapper, rotating corners, and pressing down centers. Repeat ricotta and meat sauce layers. Top each cup with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. NOTE: After about 10 minutes, watch the lasagna cups closely. If the wonton wrapper edges are getting too brown, cover with foil and continue to cook until the cheese is melted, and the wontons are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in air fryer or oven at 350 degrees until heated through.
Makes 12 lasagna cups
3 WW Points® for one lasagna cup or 7 WW Points®for 2 lasagna cups if using zero point marinara sauce
4WW Points® per lasagna cup if using no-sugar-added Prego marinara sauce
Smartpoints: GREEN/BLUE/PURPLE 3 WW Smartpoints® for one lasagna cup or 7 WW Points®for 2 lasagna cups if using zero point marinara sauce or 4 smartPoints® per lasagna cup if using no sugar added Prego marinara sauce
Zero Point Marinara Sauce
1 ( 28 oz.) can of San Marzano tomatoes, whole peeled or crushed tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
5-6 fresh basil leaves or 2 Tbsp dried basil
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp minced onions, dried or fresh
4 Tbsp fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1/4 cup to 1 cup tomato sauce, if desired
Place canned tomatoes, garlic cloves, fresh basil, and parsley into a blender or food processor, and blend for about 30 seconds until pureed.
Place in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add minced dried onions, salt, and dried oregano. Stir until well combined.
Stir in tomato sauce for desired consistency.
Let the sauce simmer for ten minutes.
Use on pasta, spaghetti squash, pizza, etc.
Makes 4 (1 cup) servings
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 223TOTAL FAT: 8gSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 100mgSODIUM: 373mgCARBOHYDRATES: 14gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 21g