These Easy Pretzel Bites are one of the most tastiest snacks! They’re perfectly soft, chewy, and easy to make!
- 1 cup warm water ( 108-110 degrees)
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast or 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups or 10 1/2 oz. Pillsbury bread flour
- 9 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water, beaten
- coarse or kosher salt
- Place warm water ( 108-109 degrees), instant yeast, and brown sugar in a stand mixer. Let it sit for 2 minutes or until the yeast is foamy and activated.(If the yeast doesn’t get foamy or bubbly, your yeast is no longer good.
- Add the salt and flour in the mixer and mix on low speed using the dough hook until combined. Then increase the speed to medium and continue kneading until the dough is smooth and begins to pull away from the side of the bowl, about 5 minutes or until until the dough is smooth and begins to pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Spray a large mixing bowl with non stick cooking spray.
- Place dough in bowl and then flip the dough over so that the top of the dough’s has a bit of cooking spray on top. (this helps make sure the top of the dough doesn’t dry out)
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a clean surface. Divide dough into six pieces. Roll each one into approximately 12 inch long ropes. Cut each rope into six 2-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, add water and baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with non stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- Add 12-14 pretzel bites to boiling water. Let them boil for 25-30 seconds.Using a slotted spoon move to prepared sheet pans. Make sure they are not touching. Allow them cool for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, continue boiling in batches until are cooked.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle the tops with coarse pretzel or kosher salt.
- Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 36 Pretzel Bites or six ( 6 pretzel bites) servings
5 Points® per serving
- I love dipping these in Tostitos Salsa Con Queso which is 1 Tbsp for 1 Point.
- Store leftovers in a brown paper bag or an air tight container on the counter for up to 2 days or store in a large ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Can I make these into Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites instead?Yes, you bet you can. Instead of adding coarse salt to the pretzel bites..you may omit that step and cook the pretzels as directed-once the pretzels are cooked you will:
Whisk together 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener) and 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon until well blended in a small mixing bowl.
Spray the cooked pretzels with “I can’t believe it’s not butter” spray or some melted butter and then dip each pretzel bite into cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to evenly coat.
Smart-points: GREEN/BLUE/PURPLE: 1 SmartPoint per pretzel bite
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 21TOTAL FAT: 0gSATURATED FAT: 0gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 5mgSODIUM: 80mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 1g
The SmartPoint values and nutritional information is estimated and figured based off the brand of ingredients listed in the recipe using the WW app. The SmartPoint values may vary depending on the brand of ingredients used. To calculate the Smartpoint value on a recipe you will need to enter the ingredients in the WW app manually by creating a recipe using the recipe builder. The WW app does not recognize the zero point ingredients in recipes and will calculate it based only off the nutritional information; which will not be accurate.