Greek Turkey Meatballs slathered with Tzatziki sauce, great over rice, with chickpea salad or served as an appetizer. Also great for make-ahead meal prep lunch.
- 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini (liquid squeezed out well)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or gluten-free bread)
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (or gluten-free panko)
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic ( minced)
- 1/4 red onion (grated (I used my mini food processor))
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (chopped (less if using dry))
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh spearmint (chopped)
- 1 tsp kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
Wet bread with water, squeezing excess out. Tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
Combine with turkey, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
Using a 1/4 cup measure, form each meatball 1/4 cup in size, slightly flattened into patties. For best results, refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape.
In a pan: spray olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan and cook over very low heat, until cooked through, turning halfway, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side. (or you can bake 350F 20-25 minutes).
On the grill: clean grill well before cooking and spray grate with oil. Cook on low until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
Note, you can use more crumbs and omit the bread or visa-versa.
Serving: 4meatballs, Calories: 254kcal, Carbohydrates: 13.5g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Fiber: 3.5g
– W//W Points: 7