Skip to content
2 medium-sized whole wheat tortillas
1 medium apple, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of almond butter or peanut butter (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup (optional)
Cooking spray or a little butter for the pan
- Prepare the Apple Filling:
- Thinly slice the apple into rounds or thin pieces.
- In a small bowl, toss the apple slices with cinnamon until they are well coated.
- Assemble the Quesadillas:
- Spread almond butter or peanut butter evenly over one side of each tortilla.
- Place the cinnamon-coated apple slices on top of the almond butter or peanut butter on one of the tortillas. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Place the other tortilla on top to create a sandwich.
- Cook the Quesadillas:
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Lightly coat the skillet with cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
- Carefully transfer the assembled quesadilla to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is golden brown and crispy, and the filling is warm.
- Press down gently with a spatula while cooking to help the quesadilla stick together.
- Once cooked, remove the quesadilla from the skillet and let it cool for a minute.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the quesadilla into wedges or slices.