This Homemade Applesauce is simple to make and requires just 5 ingredients. Makes for the best side dish, treat, snack, or even dessert!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME4 hours
TOTAL TIME4 hours 10 minutes
- 12 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup zero point brown or white granulated sugar substitute- I use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place peeled, cored, and chopped apples into the crock pot.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with the sugar sweetener and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add water on top and cover the crock pot with the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until apples are very soft. Turn off the crockpot.
- Mash the cooked apples with a potato masher or use an immersion blender for a smoother texture.
Makes 10 ( 1/2 cup) servings
0 Points® per serving
- Looking for an unsweetened applesauce? Just omit the sweetener all together!
- This applesauce tastes amazing served right from the crockpot, chilled, or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers applesauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. This applesauce freezes great. Pour cooked, cooled homemade applesauce in freezer bags. Store bags of applesauce in the freezer for up to 3 months.