This Homemade Guacamole is hands down the BEST guacamole recipe! It’s simple to make and uses fresh ingredients! Serve with chips, as a side dish, or spread it on a piece of toast!
- 15 oz. ripe medium size avocados, peeled and pitted (it’s roughly about 3 medium avocados) * see notes
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic, or 1 clove
- 1/2 tsp salt and dash of pepper, to taste
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, cored and finely diced -optional and recommended if you like a little kick
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit. Scoop out flesh of avocado.
- Chop into smaller chunks.
- Place chunks in a large mixing bowl and slightly mash with a fork or the end of a whisk. Mash until you reach your desired consistency.
- Whisk in the lime juice, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stir in diced onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños, if using.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Chill until serving.
Makes 8 ( 1/4 cup) servings
2 Points® per serving
* I recommend weighing the avocados. You’ll use 15 oz. or about 3 medium size avocados. Keep in mind the point values can vary depending on the size and the avocado pits can make a huge difference in the amount of avocado you actually get from a medium one. Again, I highly recommend weighing the avocado to get more for the point value rather than tracking it as 3 medium size avocados. If you’re in the market for a food scale see the link below for the one I have and love!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days
Smartpoints: GREEN/BLUE/PURPLE: 2 smart points per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 104TOTAL FAT: 8gSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 11mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 2g
Do not use the WW nutritional calculator to calculate points. The nutritional calculator does take zero point food ingredients into consideration and will not be accurate. Personal Point values and nutritional information is estimated and calculated using the brand of ingredients listed in the recipe. PersonalPoints values may vary depending on the brand of ingredients used and depending on your customized zero point foods list.