This Keto Sloppy Joe Chaffle recipe is a WINNER in my book! The whole family enjoyed the chaffle cornbread as the base of this recipe too!!
Keto Sloppy Joe Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder you can substitute for 1/4 cup real onion
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder this is optional but highly recommended! It intensifies the flavor!
- 1/2 cup bone broth beef flavor usually
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce if you prefer
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp Swerve brown or Sukrin golden
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Cornbread Chaffle Ingredients
- Makes 2 chaffles
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 slices jalapeno diced very small (can be pickled or fresh)
- 1 tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp corn extract optional but tastes like real cornbread!
- Pinch salt
Cook the ground beef with salt and pepper first.
Add all the remaining ingredients.
Allow the mixture to simmer while you make the chaffles.
Preheat waffle maker.
In a small bowl, whip the egg.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Spray the waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray.
Divide mixture in half.
Cook half the mixture for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
For a crispy outer crust on the chaffle, add 1 tsp cheese to the waffle maker for 30 seconds before adding the mixture.
Pour the warm sloppy joe mix onto a hot chaffle and voila! Dinner is served!!
Tip: you can add diced jalapenos (fresh or pickled) to this basic chaffle recipe and make it a jalapeno cornbread chaffle recipe too!)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 156 | Carbohydrates: 3.9g | Protein: 25.8g | Fat: 3.9g | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 1.6g