prep time 20 MINUTES
cook time 20 MINUTES
total time 40 MINUTES
- 3/4 cup graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (or Neufchâtel cheese), softened
- 3/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt (plain)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspooons coconut extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil with some overhang on the side.
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Press the crumbs into the lined baking dish. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Set aside to make the filling.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl for about 1 minute. Beat in the yogurt, sugar, egg whites, and flour for about 3 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and coconut extracts. Pour the filling into the baking dish over the crust.
- Bake the bars for 20 minutes. Cover the pan with foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- While the bars are baking, add the sliced almonds and shredded coconut to a pan over medium-low heat. Toast the mixture until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the almond and coconut mixture on top. Let chill for another 30 minutes and then store in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.