This Summer Confetti Salad is an easy appetizer or side dish for BBQs and pool parties! This delicious vegan recipe is packed full of veggies and slow-burning carbs!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped, any color will do!
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup papaya (or mango), chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn drained
- 4 oz green chilies diced, canned or fresh
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 limes squeezed
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
Wash your veggies and fruit, if using.
Chop or dice the veggies into small pieces and add them to a large bowl.
Squeeze the limes into the bowl, discard the rinds.
Drain and rinse the corn and beans, then add them to the bowl.
Combine all ingredients and mix everything together with a large spoon.
- The fresh veggies give this recipe its signature crunch. I’d always recommend using fresh when you can.
- Serve this recipe with grilled chicken or other lean meats, inside fresh tortillas (like a taco!), or grilled fish.
Healthy Eating Plans:
- 21 Day Fix
- Entire Recipe: (about 3 cups): 1 3/4 green containers, 1/2 purple container, 2 yellow containers. I give you this information so you can easily recalculate the containers if you swap out any ingredients in the recipe.
- Per 3/4 cup serving: just under 1/2 of a green container, 1/2 yellow container. For the purple container, I don’t count it because the amount is slow low when divided into 4 servings.
- 21 Day Fix Vegan Plan Counts: Increase your black beans to 3/4 cup, and add 3/4 cup cooked quinoa to the recipe.
- Entire recipe is 1 3/4 green containers, 1/2 purple container, 2 red containers, 1 yellow-A container.
- Per 3/4 cup serving: just under 1/2 of a green container, 1/2 red container, 1/4 yellow-A container.
- 2B Mindset
- Makes a great lunch when served with 25% protein.
- On the vegan plan, this counts as a complete lunch.
- 0 Blue Plan Points | 2 Green Plan Point | 0 Purple Plan Points | 2023 Points: 0
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1646IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg