- 1.5 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 2 eggs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 cans tuna 170g cans drained
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Bunch of green onions diced
- Chopped fresh basil about 2 Tbsp
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- FOR THE LEMON DILL SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon plain 0% greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon fresh zest from the lemon
- tiny pinch of salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl store sauce in the fridge.
Whisk eggs, add in tuna (make sure it has been drained) lemon juice, mayo, dijon, parmesan cheese, and ¼ cup of the bread crumbs (leave remaining breadcrumbs aside for later)
Stir in diced green onions then mix in all the seasonings, (fresh basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic, salt & pepper)
Shape into 10 equal-sized patties
Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on a flat surface and cover both sides of patties with the crumbs
Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat .. depending on the size of the pan you’ll need to do 2-3 rounds.. cook on each side for approx 4-5 minutes or until nice and crispy. If needed add a pinch more oil in between rounds or use some cooking spray.
Serve immediantly. Store any leftovers in the fridge, these will freeze well.
Makes 10 tuna cakes, 1 serving is 2 cakes. The lemon dill sauce serves 5 and is 1SP for ⅕th of the sauce.
Smart points- green- 5 using W/W recipe builder
Points plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritonal info per servig (2 cakes) calories..141…Fat 8.9g…Sat fat 2.1g…Carbs 7.4g…Fiber 0g…Sugar 0.1g…Protein 8.1g using My Fitness Pal *note this includes all ingredients even any 0SP foods