This Whipped Feta Dip combines feta cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon, and dill to create a tasty and simple appetizer.
- ½ lemon
- 2 cups crumbled feta (from a block in water (8 ounces ))
- ½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus optional more for garnish)
- Crushed Red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- Fresh dill (for garnish)
- Warmed pita bread cut into wedges (chips, or crudites, for dipping)
Zest the lemon and reserve the zest.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the lemon juice with the feta, yogurt, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Process until smooth and airy. You may need to pause and scrape down the sides once or twice.
Serve at room temperature or chilled; it will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To serve, garnish with another drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, lemon zest and fresh dill.
Serving: 1/4 cup, Calories: 155kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.5g, Protein: 7.5g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 36mg, Sodium: 437mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
– W//W Points: 6