Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
- 1 big piece of chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 spoonful of garlic powder
- 1 tsp powdered onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crushed and sieved tomato
- 1 onion, white
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- Turn the oven on to 375F. Wrap baking paper around a metal baking dish. Put your hand on top of the chicken and cut horizontally through the middle of the breast. This will cut the chicken in half.
- In a bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Put each piece of chicken into the bread crumbs and press down to make sure they stick evenly.
- To make the sauce, brown the onion in a small saucepan, then add the tomatoes and garlic. Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and saucy. Spread half in a dish for the oven.
- Put the oil in a large pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Then add the chicken breasts and heat until the sauce is bubbling. Cook for three to four minutes, until the crumb is golden. Flip and cook for 1–2 minutes on the other side. Take them out of the pan and put them on top of the tomato sauce. Add the rest of the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake for 15 minutes, and use a sharp knife to see if it’s done.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving it with a garden salad.
Each serving of this recipe is worth 6 points.
0.5 chicken breasts per serving
2.8g of fat is saturated.
61 mg of cholesterol