This healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread is so rich and moist that no one will ever know there’s zucchini in it. With walnut in every bite!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (preferably Dutch-process)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (1 3/4 ounces)
- 2 cups grated zucchini (from 1 large (squeezed well with a dishcloth))
- Baking spray
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spray two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk eggs, sugar, applesauce, oil, vanilla and melted chocolate in another large bowl until blended.
Add the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake the loaves 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto rack and cool completely.
Serving: 1slice, Calories: 190.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 8g, Sodium: 147mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 14.5g
– W…W Points: 8