Recipe makes 25 regular sized muffins. These are zero weight watch/ers points each, they came out so light and fluffy.
- ▢8 large eggs
- ▢⅔ cup whole fat cottage cheese
- ▢¼ teaspoon salt
- ▢3-4 fresh cracked black pepper
- ▢1 ½ cups Gruyère cheese shredded
- ▢5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit with the rack placed in the center of the oven. Place a second rack just beneath it and add an empty baking sheet. Add water to the empty baking sheet to create steam. Spray a muffin pan well with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper to a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the shredded cheese. Use a ladle or a measuring cup to scoop the egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin, filling them no more than ⅔ of the way full. Try to disperse the cheese evenly throughout the muffin wells.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon evenly over the tops of the egg mixture.
- With the muffin tin on the middle rack, bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites is set. Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from the pan.