Classic Chicken Noodle Soup has never been easier or quicker than in your Instant Pot! This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is always a great choice-packed with chicken, egg noodles, chicken broth, onions, carrots, peas, and celery!
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 oz. egg homestyle noodles, Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Noodles, or whole wheat egg noodles
- 3 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, cut and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 chicken bullion cube or 1 Tbsp granulated chicken bullion
- 10 cups Great Value reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting.
- Pour the olive oil in the bottom of the Instant Pot or you can spray it with non stick cooking spray. Add carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Sauté, and stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
- Add broth, chicken, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, bay leaf, and garlic. Secure lid and turn valve to “seal.” Set Instant Pot on Manual for 11 minutes. Quick release pressure when done cooking.
- Remove chicken to a plate, and remove and discard bay leaf. Shred chicken with two forks and discard chicken bones.
- Place chicken back into the pot when shredded. Turn Instant Pot back to Sauté. When the soup comes to a boil, add egg noodles and continue to cook, in the instant pot, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, or about 5 minutes.
- When noodles have finished cooking, add peas and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 8 ( 1 and 3/4 cup) servings
4 Points® per serving
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. If you plan on freezing any leftover chicken noodle soup, I don’t recommend adding the noodles until it’s thawed and heated on the stovetop.
- Thaw soup in the fridge overnight when ready to serve, heat on stove top and add noodles when soup is boiling.
Smartpoints: GREEN: 4 smartpoints per serving if using Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Noodles or 5 smartpoints per serving if using Country Egg Homestyle Noodles. BLUE: : 3 smartpoints per serving if using either Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Noodles or Country Egg Homestyle Noodles. PURPLE: 1 smartpoints per serving if using whole wheat egg noodles or 3 smartpoints if using regular egg noodles
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 217TOTAL FAT: 5gSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 87mgSODIUM: 890mgCARBOHYDRATES: 12gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 10gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 26g