This Funfetti Cheesecake is made with Greek yogurt, eggs, sweetener, a bit of Funfetti cake mix, and sprinkles-it’s high in protein, low in points, and is the perfect guilt-free sweet dessert.
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I recommend Chobani or Fage)
- 1 ( 1.0 oz.) small box instant sugar free/fat free cheesecake, lemon or vanilla pudding
- 3 Tbsp or 30 grams Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2 tsp vanilla, cake batter or butter extract
- 3 Tbsp sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener ) I recommend using a white granulated sugar substitute, if the sugar substitute is not granulated it tends to give a gritty texture to the cheesecake
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl add eggs, extract, sugar substitute. Whisk until well combined.
- Add yogurt, Funfetti cake mix, dry pudding, and sprinkles; mix well using a wire whisk.
- Pour into a lightly greased with non stick cooking spray pie dish or springform pan. I use a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes before covering it with plastic wrap.
- Let it chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- It may look jiggly but once it’s chilled, it will set. Let it cool for about 15-20 min before covering it with plastic wrap and let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. It’s recommended to chill overnight before eating.
- It can take up to 12 hours for the texture and flavor to completely set in. The longer it chills the better it tastes.
I recommend using a thick non fat Greek yogurt such as: Chobani or Fage. There is a big difference in how the cheesecake sets when you use a thicker yogurt.
- It is best to mix the ingredients by hand using a hand whisk. That way the yogurt stays nice and thick.
- Since yogurt tends to carry a lot of whey, you may notice the whey sitting on top of the cheesecake after it has chilled in the fridge for 12 hours. Let me reassure you..this is normal..and that “whey” or liquid will eventually evaporate after a few days. I will usually place a sheet of parchment paper over the top of the cheesecake which helps absorb some of the whey.
Makes 8 slices
2 Points® per slice
Smartpoints: GREEN: 2 SmartPoints per serving if using liquid egg substitutes or 3 Smartpoints per serving if using 3 whole eggs BLUE: 1 SmartPoint per servingPURPLE: 1 SmartPoint per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 118TOTAL FAT: 4gSATURATED FAT: 1gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 79mgSODIUM: 112mgCARBOHYDRATES: 9gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 8g