- 1 lb ground lean ground turkey lean
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 30 oz hunts tomato sauce or 2 cans 15 oz tomatoes with no added sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces rotini pasta low carb
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup no-fat mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices of turkey pepperoni, divided (approx 2 oz)
- 2 TBSP sliced black olives
- top with additional zero-point vegetables if you desire
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook PASTA according to package and drain.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute ground turkey, onion, and garlic, in a large skillet until meat is cooked.
- Then spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cooked pasta, meat mixture, sauce, 1 cup of cheese, 16 pepperonis, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Spread the pasta mixture evenly in the pan.
- top with remaining cheese, pepperoni, and olives.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until heated through.
- Cut into 12 equal servings.
Servings: Makes 12 servings
3 Points per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 196TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 4gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 6gCHOLESTEROL: 61mgSODIUM: 630mgCARBOHYDRATES: 19gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 20g