- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, (about 2 large bananas worth)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes light butter spread with canola oil in the tub)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, (this is less than one medium zucchini’s worth)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 12-count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, mashed banana, sugar, and vanilla extract and stir together until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir together. Add the shredded zucchini and stir until combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until combined into a batter.
Spoon the batter evenly amongst the wells in the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
W–W Points per muffin: 4*
*5 Points each if following the diabetic plan
Nutrition Information per (1 muffin) serving calories, 21 g carbs, 8 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 1 g fiber, 194 mg sodium
W-W Points Plus:3