- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon + ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 (5 oz each) thin chicken breast cutlets, (if you buy large breasts, trim them to 5 ounces each and pound them thin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 oz dry julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, (I use California Sun brand)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
In a small dish, stir together 1 tablespoon of the flour and ½ teaspoon each of black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Place the chicken breast cutlets into a gallon zip-top bag and dump the seasoned flour mixture over them. Seal the bag and toss until the chicken is coated on all sides.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil into a large saute pan and bring to medium-high heat. Lay the chicken breasts in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip the breasts and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a side plate and cover.
Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil into the pan and bring to medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and stir to coat. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring a few times throughout.
Add the remaining tablespoon of flour and whisk it into the tomatoes until coated/combined. Add the broth, half-and-half, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper and whisk together. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese, spinach, and parsley flakes and stir until the cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted. Add the chicken back to the skillet and spoon the sauce mixture over the chicken.
Serve each chicken breast with about 1/3 cup of sun-dried tomato/spinach/cream sauce over the top.
W-W Points per (1 chicken breast + 1/3 cup topping) serving: 5
Nutrition Information per (1 chicken breast + 1/3 cup topping) serving:
378 calories, 20 g carbs, 8 g sugars, 14 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 41 g protein, 4 g fiber, 441 mg sodium
W-W Points Plus:
9 per (1 chicken breast + 1/3 cup topping) serving