If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you may find that traditional breakfast foods like pancakes are off-limits due to their high carb content. However, with this keto-friendly ricotta pancake recipe, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast while still sticking to your diet. These pancakes are fluffy and flavorful, and the addition of ricotta cheese gives them a unique texture that’s sure to satisfy.
Free Keto Meal Plan: KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Keto Ricotta Pancakes Recipe:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp granulated low-carb sweetener (such as erythritol or monk fruit)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter onto the pan and cook until the edges start to set and the top begins to bubble.
- Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 226
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 10g
Q: Can I use regular flour instead of almond and coconut flour? A: No, regular flour is high in carbs and not suitable for a keto diet. Almond and coconut flour are low-carb alternatives that provide a similar texture.
Q: Can I use a different type of cheese instead of ricotta? A: Yes, you can use cream cheese or cottage cheese instead of ricotta.
Q: Can I make these pancakes ahead of time and reheat them later? A: Yes, you can store the pancakes in the fridge or freezer and reheat them in the microwave or on the stovetop.