This Lightened Up Copycat Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta is a lightened up dish from the Cheesecake Factory-packed with mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers, bow tie pasta, then smothered in a creamy cajun sauce, and topped with a Parmesan crusted chicken breast! It’s a simple one skillet meal that comes together quickly and is packed with so much goodness!
- 4 ( 4 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thinly cut
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. Farfalle bow-tie or whole grain bow tie or gluten-free pasta
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning- I like to use Weber N’Orleans Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half mixed with 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pound chicken breasts until very thin (the thinner the chicken breasts the better. If the chicken breasts you have are thick, make sure to butterfly it by slicing it through the middle and splitting it into two thinner chicken breasts.
- In a shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place beaten eggs in separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in egg mixture and then back in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place coated chicken in heated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side.
- Spray the tops of the chicken breasts with nonstick cooking spray.
- Turn the cooked chicken breasts over and cook the other side for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from heat and let them cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, melt light butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add yellow and red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions to the hot skillet, cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and saute another minute.
- Add the chicken broth, unsweetened almond milk, cajun seasoning, paprika, and dry pasta.
- Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low-medium and cover.
- Let the pasta simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the fat free half and half and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves.
- Pour the fat free half and half and cornstarch slurry along with the grated Parmesan cheese to pot. Stir to incorporate. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer; sauce will reduce and thicken. Do NOT boil the sauce after adding the fat free half and half, or it might separate. Remove from heat.
- When ready to serve, place pasta with sauce on plate, top with sliced chicken breast, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 ( 4 oz. chicken breaded breast plus 1 and 1/2 cup pasta with veggies) servings
14 Points® per serving
Smart/points: GREEN: 15 smart/points per serving BLUE: 13 smart/points PURPLE: 8 smart/points per serving is using whole grain bowtie pasta
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 478TOTAL FAT: 17gSATURATED FAT: 5gCHOLESTEROL: 174mgSODIUM: 875mgCARBOHYDRATES: 43gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 39gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 6gPROTEIN: 40g