- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups (227g) King Arthur White Flour or Whole Wheat Flour or gluten-free flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cup zero point brown sugar sweetener – I use Lakanto BROWN or golden monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice (1/2 of a orange)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large or 2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and shredded
- 1/4 cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray, or line it with papers and spray the insides of the papers.
- In a small mixing bowl, cover the raisins with hot water and let them soak, for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sweetener, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Stir in the carrots, apple, coconut, walnuts, and wheat germ.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla, and orange juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl and stir until JUST combined. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Drain the raisins and stir them in the batter.
- Using a 1/3 cup, evenly distribute the batter among the cups of the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the inner muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes in their pan.
- Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days, up to 5 days in the fridge, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Makes 12 large muffins
3 WW Points® for one muffin or 7 WW Points for two muffins
Smartpoints: GREEN: 4 smartpoints per muffin BLUE/PURPLE: 3 smartpoints for 1 muffins 7 smartpoints for 2 muffins
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 159TOTAL FAT: 4gSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 47mgSODIUM: 154mgCARBOHYDRATES: 32gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 30gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 5g