- 1 and 1/3 cup KODIAK CAKES BUTTERMILK FLAPJACK PANCAKE MIX or KRUSTEAZ PROTEIN PANCAKE MIX, BUTTERMILK WHOLE GRAIN FLOUR
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water ( give or take depending on the batter consistency)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp sugar substitute ( I use LAKANTO MONKFRUIT CLASSIC)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60 Sugar-free chocolate chips (about 5 chips per muffin)- I use LILY’S NO SUGAR ADDED MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS or dark chocolate chips or CHOCZERO MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and use a MUFFIN TIN, like a full-size muffin tin with 12 liners
- In a medium bowl add pumpkin purée, egg, water, extract, and sugar substitute. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine pancake mix, pumpkin spice and cinnamon baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet slowly as you stir. Stir just until combined. Then fold in 1/2 of the no-sugar-added chocolate chips.
- Pour into muffin foil liners (or spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray). Add 5-6 (no sugar added) chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Servings: Makes 12 full-size muffins
1 Point for 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 75TOTAL FAT: 41gSATURATED FAT: 22gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 14gCHOLESTEROL: 32mgSODIUM: 227mgCARBOHYDRATES: 60gFIBER: 8gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 6g