These One Point Weight Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are made with whole grains, and are perfect for breakfast, afternoon snacks, or dessert!
Servings: Makes 12 full-size muffins
1 Point for 1 muffin
Every day we add new recipes to our Healthy & Tasty blog, so check back often!
We are not linked with W-W in any way. We just like creating healthier recipe options and turning everyday meals into healthy alternatives.
WHAT CAN I USE TO ADD EXTRA PROTEIN TO THESE MUFFINS?
To increase the protein content in these muffins you may substitute a 1/3 cup Kodiak Pancake mix for 1/3 cup (100-110 calorie) flavor protein powder ( I use DEVOTION ANGEL FOOD CAKE )
Protein will boost satiety and make this the perfect portable snack!
The protein powder I use and recommend is Devotion to Nutrition Angel Food Cake Protein Powder.
It’s gluten-free, has 2 Points and has 20 grams of protein for just 1 scoop!
HOW DO I MAKE THESE WEIGHT-PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS?
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and use a MUFFIN TIN, like a full-size muffin tin with 12 liners
2. In a medium bowl add pumpkin purée, egg, water, extract, and sugar substitute. Stir well.
3. In a separate bowl combine pancake mix, pumpkin spice and cinnamon baking powder.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet slowly as you stir. Stir just until combined. Then fold in 1/2 of the no-sugar-added chocolate chips.
5. Pour into muffin foil liners (or spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray). Add 5-6 (no sugar added) chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.