Perfect, juicy Baked Chicken Breast topped with crispy panko-parmesan crumbs – flavorful and delicious!
- 4 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably organic)
- kosher salt (Diamond Crystal Kosher, if using Morton’s or table salt use less)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs (OR gluten free panko)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges for serving)
Brine the chicken:
Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of water and add 1/4 cup Diamond Crystal kosher salt, stir to dissolve. (if using table salt, or sea salt, or Mortons, use half)
Add the chicken breasts to the water and let them sit, refrigerated at least 1 hour, or up to 2 to brine.
Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels and discard the water.
Bake the chicken:
Preheat oven 425F degrees. Spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with olive oil.
In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, with the remaining spices. Rub the spice mix over the chicken and transfer to the baking dish.
Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the top of each breast then sprinkle with panko and Parmesan. Spray the top with olive oil spray.
Bake until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees, 24-27 minutes.
While the chicken bakes, slice lemon into wedges and serve with chicken.
You can brine ahead and drain, refrigerate overnight if needed before baking.
Serving: 1breast, Calories: 271kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 40g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 129mg, Sodium: 170mg, Sugar: 0.5g
– W–W Poin/ts: 3