These smashed potatoes, seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper, are tender on the inside and crisp on the outside – a delicious side dish for any meal.
- 16 ounces baby gold potatoes (about 12 – 16 depending on the size)
- kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Reynolds wrap heavy duty foil
- chopped parsley (for garnish)
Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water, add 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook until a knife easily pierces to the center of each potato, about 18 – 20 minutes. Remove from water and dry, place on a clean work surface and gently press using the bottom of a glass to smash the potato.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
In a small bowl combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Place potatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan. Lightly brush potatoes with oil and sprinkle both sides of each potato with spice mix.
Bake 20 minutes, turning halfway until crisp and golden. Garnish with parsley.
Serving: 4small potatoes, Calories: 135kcal, Carbohydrates: 20.5g, Protein: 2.5g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 7.5mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 1g
– W–W Points: 2