Ingredients For Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or any other low-carb sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the chopped chocolate and butter together either in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with a fork until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture, heavy cream, erythritol, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to the egg yolks and stir until well combined.
- In a clean, large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the beaten egg whites until no white streaks remain.
- Divide the mousse into serving glasses or cups and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Information (per serving, based on 4 servings):
- Total calories: 250
- Total fat: 26 g
- Total carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Net carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
Note: This recipe is suitable for a low-carb, ketogenic, or sugar-free diet. The nutrition information may vary based on the specific ingredients used.