This cabbage soup recipe has been on this blog since March of 2016 and I recently updated the post with more information on the Cabbage Soup Diet and also included instructions on how to make this in your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- 3 cups nonfat beef broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini yellow or green
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Spray pot with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano, and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
- I have tried different variations. Leaving out green beans. Adding chopped green onions in addition to the yellow onion.
- All very good. Use whatever vegetables you like.
- Check post above for directions on how to use your Slow Cooker or Instant Pot.
- Serving size 1/2 cup