What happens when you combine Skinny Baked Jalapeño Poppers with chicken?? Oh yeah baby!! Cheesy stuffed chicken breast stuffed with diced jalapeño, cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, scallions and bacon!
- 2 slices center cut bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 3 jalapeños (chopped (remove seeds for milder))
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened)
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets (3 oz each)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (or GF crumbs)
- 1 1/2 juicy limes (juice of)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
Air Fryer Directions
- Follow Steps 1 to 8, then air fry in batches 400F for 12 minutes, turning halfway.
Serving: 2stuffed breasts, Calories: 371kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 42.5g, Fat: 17.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 356mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
W/W Points Plus: 9