Cream cheese frosting is a delicious and versatile topping that can be used on a variety of desserts, from cakes to cupcakes to cookies. This particular recipe adds a unique twist to the classic frosting by incorporating bacon bits and following a keto-friendly approach. The result is a creamy and savory frosting that is sure to satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track with your dietary goals.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the erythritol and vanilla extract and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped bacon bits.
- If the frosting is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream to reach the desired consistency.
- Use immediately to frost your cake or cupcakes, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This recipe makes enough frosting to cover a 9-inch cake or 12 cupcakes. The following nutrition facts are based on a serving size of 2 tablespoons:
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Net Carbs: 1g
Note: Nutrition information may vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.