If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you may be missing pizza, but fear not! These keto pizza bowls are a delicious and healthy alternative. They’re loaded with low-carb vegetables, Italian sausage, and melted mozzarella cheese, all baked to perfection in a bowl. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also packed with nutrition to keep you feeling satisfied and energized throughout the day.
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground Italian sausage until browned and cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add the diced bell peppers, red onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to the skillet with the sausage. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for another 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Divide the sausage and vegetable mixture evenly among 4 oven-safe bowls or ramekins.
- Top each bowl with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the bowls on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve hot.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings):
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 28g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Net Carbs: 5g
Enjoy your delicious and satisfying keto pizza bowls!