Cauliflower fried rice is a popular and healthy alternative to traditional fried rice, which is made with white rice. This dish is a great option for those following the Weight Watchers program, as it is low in calories and points but high in fiber and nutrients.
Cauliflower fried rice is typically made by pulsing cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice grains. The cauliflower is then stir-fried with a variety of vegetables, such as carrots, peas, and onions, and seasoned with soy sauce and other spices. This recipe is highly customizable and can be adjusted to your personal taste preferences.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower has a rice-like texture.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it is slightly tender.
- Push the cauliflower rice mixture to one side of the skillet and add the beaten egg to the other side. Scramble the egg until cooked, then mix it in with the cauliflower rice.
- Add the frozen peas, diced scallions, and soy sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the peas are warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe makes about 4 servings, and each serving has approximately 3 Smart Points on the Weight Watchers program.
Calories: 92 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 403mg Total Carbohydrates: 11g Dietary Fiber: 4g Total Sugars: 4g Protein: 6g